Funding & Facilities
ECB SMALL GRANTS SCHEME OPEN 2017
For the Application form click on the link - Application Form
For the Guidance notes click on the link - Guidance Notes
The Deadline for applications is: 20th January 2017
Natwest Cricket Force - Registration Open for 2017
NatWest CricketForce is an initiative for cricket clubs encouraging members of the club and local community to get together to get the ground ready for the new season, Whether your club is big or small it matters not. Club projects have ranged from simple paint jobs and sight screen scrubbing to brand new changing rooms, function rooms, and even a new pavilion full stop.
Club Development Booklet
For up to date information on Club Development opportunities, national and local fundraising opportunities please download the Club Development Booklet. Download
- All – In – One Subscriptions / Match fees (discounted for early payment)
- Breakfast Club (Match Days)
- Vice Presidents annual subscription
- Themed Dinners
- Six-a-side Tournaments (Club / Pub / Other Sports)
- Superstars format activity
- Loose Change Box on the bar / in Club
- Involvement with other sports
- Golf Days (Individual club or combined with other clubs)
- Sponsorship (Make sure you sell your product to the potential Sponsor / What is in it for them)
- Mid-Season lunch for volunteers
- Pavilion Hire – health checks, Physiotherapist, Weddings, etc
- Grassroots Media (Posters in Changing rooms)
Being Operationally Smart – Some Ideas to help you consider what you do as a club to manage your Club!
- Talk to your players, do not assume you know what they want
- Create an annual club handbook to go out to the community and club members, helps sell what you do.
- Community Interest Company, register for exception from rates
- Develop a grant writing team with the skills to complete with quality
- Shop around for utilities, electricity, gas, etc.
- Community Armature Sports Clubs, CASC, Rate relief
- Clubs to have greater interaction with their local schools, communication and advertising of coaching, the future.
Moving forwards the club forums will be based on your needs, so please inform us of what you need to help us shape the events. For us to help, you need to help us so please tell us your wants for the future forums.
To help clubs we have collated the club development booklet and the club development plan template (below). The former will be updated on a regular basis so please make sure you have the up to date version on your system, download by clicking the link above.
To support clubs in annually planning for cricket activity or facility developments please see this template Development Plan compiled to support you clubs development needs. This template gives a good explanation of how to use it effectively. Click here to Download a Pdf copy or here for a word format Download
ECB Facility Developments and Funding
The ECB have developed an excellent Places section to their website where you can find out all you need to know about;
- Pavilion Development - TS5
- Fine Turf Pitch Developments - TS4
- Practice Developments - TS6
- Indoor Facilities - TS2
For Clubs and Schools who would like to know how to develop a project please follow this link to find out more
The ECB will potentiall fund projects subject to Focus Club Status. Clubs are awarded Focus Club Status by the Cornwall Cricket Board by current club levels of commitment to self development and development needs. These projects also need to fit in with the Cornwall Facilities Strategy as a priority. If you would like to see the facilities Strategy please download it here.
To find out more about funding raising or saving it, please follow the links below.
- ECB Grant & Loan Funding
- Self Build and Self Help
- Saving Money and Managing your clubs Resources
- Generating Income
- CASC - Community Amature Sports Club
If you would like any advice on facility developments as a Club or indeed a School, or where your club / school currently sits within the Cornwall Facility Strategy please make contact with Joe Skinner, Cricket Development Manager.
Links to other Funders