Data Protection Privacy Statement from Cornwall Cricket Board Ltd and its Associations
When you request information from CCB Ltd or any of its Associations, sign up to any of our services or buy things from us, CCB Ltd and its Associations obtain information about you. This statement explains how we look after that information and what we do with it.
- We have a legal duty under the Data Protection Act to prevent your information falling into the wrong hands.
- We will ensure that the data we hold is accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive. Normally the only information we hold comes directly from you. Whenever we collect information from you, we will make it clear which information is required in order to provide you with the information, service or goods you need. You do not have to provide us with any additional information unless you choose to. When the original purpose for which that data was held is complete, CCB Ltd and its Associations will archive those records and store them off line for a retention period to reduce availability and the risk of misuse or mistake. At the end of that retention period, the personal data will be deleted in accordance with the provisions laid down by the Information Commissioner’s Office; a record of such deletions will be held by CCB Ltd or its Associations.
- We store your information securely on our computer system and within any paper files; we restrict access to those who have a need to know, and we train our staff and colleagues in handling the information securely. Most of our services are delivered through our Associations. We will pass your contact details to the relevant Association so that they can let you know what activities are available in your area. If you have signed up to a class or other service we will also pass your details to the professional worker providing that service. TheAssociation, staff member, volunteer or sessional worker may hold additional information about your participation in local activities.
- The Cornwall Cricket website collects IP addresses that are linked to an individual to track visits – CCB Ltd intends to limit access to such data to the CCB Ltd Webmaster by security password.
- We would also like to contact you in future to tell you about other services we provide, and ways in which you might like to support CCB Ltd and its Associations. You have the right to ask us not to contact you in this way. We will always aim to provide a clear method for you to opt out. You can also contact us directly at any time to tell us not to send you any future marketing or other information material.
- Very occasionally we may carry out a joint mailing with carefully selected other organisations, in order to tell you about products and services we think you might be interested in. Again, you have the right to opt out of this.
- You have the right to a copy of all the information we hold about you (apart from a very few things which we may be obliged to withhold because they concern other people as well as you). To obtain a copy, either as for an application form to be sent to you, or write to the Data Controller at CCB Ltd or the Association concerned. There may be a charge (maximum of £10) for a copy of your data (as permitted by law). We aim to reply as promptly as we can and, in any case, within the legal maximum of 40 days.
CCB LTD Reviewed October 2016